Everton vs Tottenham Hotspur Live | English Premier League on Sunday, 23 December 2018 | Kick-Off at 16:00 UK / 17:00 CET | Venue: Goodison Park (Liverpool)
A three-game winning streak pushed Tottenham Hotspur to two points behind Chelsea and six points behind Liverpool, after 17 rounds of the Premier League competition. Can the Spurs keep Sunday’s splendid race on their trip to Liverpool to face Everton at Goodison?
Mauricio Pochettino’s troops fought to break the deadlock last weekend at home against Burnley, but his replacement, Christian Eriksen, finally managed to make him a winner after the delivery of Harry Kane. Kane was resting in the quarterfinals of the League Cup between the week against Arsenal, while only playing the role of a non-commissioned official during the last half hour of the matter. The Spurs took revenge for the recent defeat of rival archers in the North London derby when they sent Arsenal 0-2 to the Emirates to advance to the semifinals of the competition.
Everton vs Tottenham Hotspur: Team Updates
- Idrissa Gueye missed Everton’s loss to Manchester City due to a groin problem and faces a fitness test.
- Richardson and André Gomes are available, although both lost their training earlier this week due to illness.
- Harry Kane, the Tottenham forward, expected to return to the lineup.
- He missed a training session on Tuesday due to a cold but was fit enough to play as a substitute against Arsenal on Wednesday.Serge Aurier, Mousa Dembele, Eric Dier, Jan Vertonghen and Victor Wanyama are still on the sidelines, but the return of the player, Davidson Sanchez, could make his first appearance since November 6.
- The Toffees have won one of their last six games, drawing three times and losing twice.
- But they have only lost one of their last 12 home games and are undefeated in the last six games at Goodison Park.
- Everton has not won in 22 league games against the six best teams since beating Manchester City 4-0 in January 2017 (D6, L16).
- The Merseysiders have scored seven goals in the Premier League this season. Only Tottenham, with 10 goals, had a better record before the last round of matches.
- Everton has only three goals before becoming the first club to score 7,000 in the first division.
- Richardson has scored four goals in his last four home games in the Premier League.
- The points of the Spurs are 39 points, which is their highest level at this time of the Premier League season.
- The only campaign in which they had a better record after 17 games was in 1960-1961 (W15, D1, L1) when they won their last league title.
- The Spurs have only one match that matches the Premier League record in most of the first-season drawing matches. Bolton played 18 games in 2011-12.
- Tottenham has won eight of his 10 away games in the Premier League this season, more wins than 20 of the 26 seasons ended in the division.
- This will be only the third Tottenham game on Sunday of this season. They lost the previous two, away from Watford and Arsenal.
- They are one of the four main clubs that have not yet won a point after a defeat, with Burnley, Newcastle, and Southampton before the weekend matches.
- Harry Kane scored twice in each of his last three appearances in the league against Everton. The only player who has scored two or more goals in four consecutive Premier League games against a particular opponent is Michael Owen for Liverpool vs. Newcastle (1998-2001).
Everton vs Tottenham Hotspur: Fface to face
- Tottenham had no problems with Everton in the last round of head-to-head departures.
- The Spurs start on the back after three consecutive victories over the Toffees.
- Tottenham scored at least three goals in each of those three victories.
- The Spurs are undefeated in the last 11 meetings with Everton.
Everton vs Tottenham Hotspur: Prediction
- The hosts will see their series of tough matches continue here. Last weekend, they lost 3-1 to Man City, which allowed them to play four consecutive championship games without winning. In mediocre form, Marco Silva’s men took eighth place.
- Everton was particularly easy to break down in the latest games. They drew 2-2 at home against Watford before losing 3-1 to Etihad. This lack of thoroughness in the bottom line of the Toffees will be the music that Harry Kane will listen to, who seeks to add even more points to his nine goals in the league.
- Tottenham has an impressive record of traveling with 8 wins in 10 away games this season. Based on their current form and the latest H2H trend in play against Everton, we should aim for a visitor’s victory at 2.30 here.
- Tottenham’s recent record at Goodison Park is correct: they have not lost any of their last five visits, but Everton’s home form is good this season and I can not see them being hit.
Everton vs Tottenham Hotspur: betting tips
- Tottenham to win @ 2.30 (13/10)
- Tottenham More than 1.5 team goals in 2.00 (1/1)