Watford vs Manchester City Live English Premier League Match on Tuesday, 4 December 2018 | Kick-Off at 20:00 UK / 21:00 CET | Venue: Vicarage Road Stadium (Watford)
The hectic schedule is about to be pursued by Watford on Tuesday night when he presents the reigning Manchester City champion in the 15th round of the Premier League on weekdays. The host has suffered a 3-0 loss to Liverpool after the international break. We are afraid of facing the same fate when the terrible citizens go to the Vicarage Road stadium.
Pep Guardiola’s machines have experienced a phenomenal evolution in the last two months. The citizens have won five victories in the Premier League and scored a brutal total of 19 goals. They scored only two goals on the road. The advantage includes a 1-0 victory over Tottenham Hotspur at Wembley, as well as West Ham United’s 4-0 defeat last weekend in the capital.
Man City won 11 and drew 13 of the first 13 games of the season. They rightly occupy the first place in the Premier League standings.
Watford vs Manchester City: Team News
- The Watford midfielder Tom Cleverley could play for the first time since Tuesday night in January.
- Sebastian Prodl and Daryl Janmaat are also fit, but Etienne Capoue banned after Saturday’s red card, subject to the result of the appeal.
- Sergio Agüero, of Manchester City, is a big doubt, Pep Guardiola said the striker could absent for a month if it aggravates a muscle problem.
- Oleksandr Zinchenko has a nose injury and will evaluate.
- Midfielder Kevin De Bruyne is not yet in a place to return damaged knee ligaments.
Watford vs Manchester City: Face to face
- Team Watford has not been a difficult opposition for Manchester City in the last two years.
- The citizens have won eight consecutive games against the Hornets.
- Man City scored 11 goals without conceding a single goal at Vicarage Road Stadium.
- The Manchester City has a series of eight consecutive victories against Watford in all competitions.
- The Hornets have not won this game in 13 attempts since their home win in March 1989 (D2, L11).
- The Hornets have lost three of their last four home games, as many losses suffered in their last 15 games on Vicarage Road (W8, D4).
- Watford has won his first four appearances in the Premier League this season but has only won two of his 10 league matches (D2, L6).
- They scored only eight goals in 10 games.
- Watford could lose three consecutive Premier League matches for the first time under Javier Gracia.
- A loss on Tuesday would leave them with the lowest total points after 15 games in four seasons since returning to the top of the standings.
- The city has registered six consecutive wins in the league and undefeated in 20 league games (W17, D3).
- The defending champions could equal the record of 14 consecutive away games without defeat, established from April to December 2017.
- They still have to give in the last half hour of a Premier League game this season, scoring 13 times in this period.
- Manchester City tied the record of the league of clubs with four consecutive clean sheets abroad, fixed from March to April of 1903 in the second period.
- The only goal in the league awarded by City this season scored by Wolves Willy Boly with the help of his hand in August.
- The next appearance of Nicolas Otamendi in the Premier League will be his number 100.
Watford vs Manchester City: Prediction
- The visitors took a leap last week as they retained by Lyon against a 2-2 draw in the first leg of the Champions League at Groupama Stadium. However, this will not affect your UCL ambitions. They are preparing for Tuesday’s game against Watford in the highest mood with the red line.
- Leroy Sane and Raheem Sterling have been particularly impressive in recent weeks. We hope that this duo will also shine at the Vicarage Road stadium. Man City should have full control from the start to get a complete victory in a one-way matter at Watford.
- The Watford form is not a cause for serious concern, although I do not expect it to improve on Tuesday.
- As for most teams, the problem they will have against Manchester City is to make sure enough of the ball.
Watford vs Manchester City: Betting Tips
- Manchester City -1.5 handicaps @ 1.70 (7/10)
- HT / FT Manchester City / Manchester City at 1.72 (8/11)