Watford vs Cardiff City Live | English Premier League | Date: Saturday, 15 December 2018 | Kick-Off at 15:00 UK / 16:00 CET | Venue: Vicarage Road Stadium (Watford)
The Watford have the chance to finish a six-game series without winning on Saturday. While Cardiff City, in relegation trouble, visits the rue Vicarage in round 17. The hosts were close to finishing a terrible race on Monday night when they had the misfortune of conceding a goal of the draw at the end of the game thanks to Lucas Digne’s free-kick to Goodison.
However, it was a brave and strong demonstration of Javi Gracia’s men in difficult terrain in the previous round. The best player of the team, Roberto Pereyra, was the main figure in the field. He scored both goals for his team in two minutes in the second half. He will have no doubt that he will have plenty of space to keep up his good form and add a total of five goals here against the Welsh team.
Watford vs Cardiff City: News
- Watford could lose three consecutive home games on the first flight for the first time since April 1988.
- Not beating Cardiff would mean that Watford will match his longest victory without Premier League wins under Javi Gracia: seven games, which will run between March and April of this year.
- His total of nine points in the last 12 games is the fourth lowest in the division.
- The Hornets have lost just one of their nine home Premier League games against their promoted opponents, losing 4-1 to Huddersfield Town on Dec. 16.
- Striker Troy Deeney has yet to score against Cardiff for Watford in six appearances.
- The Bluebirds are looking to win consecutive victories in high flight for the first time since April 1962.
- However, they only managed one point in their last nine Premier League away games, scoring three goals and 22 conceded during that period.
- His 1-0 victory against Southampton last weekend ended a streak of 12 Premier League games without draws.
- Cardiff and Arsenal are the only clubs that have not played a Premier League match at halftime this season.
- Neil Warnock has won his two previous Premier League games as a coach against Watford. Their Sheffield United team beat the Hornets 1-0 at home and away from home in 2006-07.
Watford vs Cardiff City: face to face
- Four years have passed since these two tastes questioned for the last time.
- They fought in the league at that time in two cases that prevented the teams from recovering the loot.
- Cardiff has a good reputation in the past history of meetings with Watford, who has lost only one of the last eight meetings with the Hornets.
Watford vs Cardiff City: Prediction
The Bluebirds won a big 1-0 victory over their compatriots with problems in Southampton last weekend. It was a draw that allowed Callum Paterson to make a difference 15 minutes from the end after a terrible pass behind the defender of the Saints.
The troops of Neal Warnock, however, have played better on base camp so far this season. They were terrible travelers with only one point in seven games on the road this quarter. Cardiff scored just three goals in seven away games that term and conceded up to 15 goals.
Victory at home seems to be the way to go and we will support it as the main betting option with a probability of 1.61. You can ask Watford to keep a blank sheet at 2.20.
Watford vs Cardiff City: betting tips
- The Watford to win @ 1.61 (8/13)
- Team Watford must keep a blank sheet in 2.20 (6/5)