Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Live | English Premier League on Date: Friday, 21 December 2018 | Kick-Off at 20:00 UK / 21:00 CET | Venue: Molineux Stadium (Wolverhampton)
Liverpool maintained its top-ranked place after a 3-1 victory over Manchester United in the Northwest derby on Sunday. The team finished a perfect week in which they sent Napoli 1-0 to qualify before for the playoff phase of the Champions League. The Reds will try to keep up their five-win lead Friday night when they go to Molineux to fight the Wolverhampton Wanderers in the first game of the day # 18.
Jurgen Klopp’s men dominated the field last weekend against Man United. They had 36 goal attempts, leaving only six visitors on the occasion. However, it was only after the German manager presented Xerdan Shaqiri from the seat to the victory of Liv’pool. The Swiss winger hit his son twice after winning the final score 3-1 after goals from Sadio Mane and Jesse Lingard in the first half.
Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool: News
- The wolves are looking to win four consecutive Premier League games for the first time since a similar sequence from December 1971 to January 1972. This series ended with a goalless draw against Liverpool at Molineux.
- They have accumulated 25 points this season, which is the total of their last Premier League campaign in 2011-12.
- The wolves lost 11 consecutive top-flight games played on a Friday. His last victory on Friday won by Sunderland in April 1965.
- None of the last 20 goals of the Wolves in the Premier League scored by an Englishman. The last one marked by Matt Jarvis in 2012.
- Newcastle is the only other club for which an Englishman has not scored a goal in the Premier League this season, excluding his goals. Born in Harrow, Ciaran Clark selected for the Magpies but is an international of the Republic of Ireland.
- Liverpool had 45 points in its first 17 league games, its best result at this time of the campaign.
- The Reds have won their last five league and cup games.
- They have won seven successive league victories against newly promoted teams, adding 23 goals and conceding twice.
- The leading Christmas Day team won the title in 14 of the earlier 26 seasons of the Premier League and in eight of the last nine seasons (with the exception of Liverpool in 2013-14).
- The Wolves will be the 27th different team that Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has played in the Premier League. He beat the 26 previous opponents at least once.
- Mohamed Salah has been directly involved in 10 goals in eight Premier League games against teams recently promoted to the Reds, with five goals and five assists.
Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool: Face to face
- This will be the first league game in six years between these two teams, while the Wolverhampton Wanderers have only returned to the top of the standings this season.
- The wolves surprised Liv’pool 1-2 on the road in the fourth round of the FA Cup in January 2017.
- Liverpool has had a series of three wins in the H2H business with Wolverhampton before.
- The Reds have a negative record in the first leg against the Wolves (18 losses and 14 wins in 41 games).
Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool: Prediction
Despite the impressive form of Liverpool in recent weeks, we do not believe it is a one-way contest. The wanderers of Wolverhampton also benefit from a strong fate of form. They have won three consecutive victories in the Premier League for the first time this season.
Raul Jimenez and Ivan Cavaleiro were the scorers in the 2-0 win over Bournemouth six days ago in Molineux. In the sequence, the men of Nuno Espirito Santo climbed to seventh place in the league standings. I am convinced the wolves will be a tough guy for Liverpool here. Especially if we know that the Reds have a negative H2H record in away games against the Wanderers.
It is not at all useful to help visitors win at 1.50, so we will prevent the Wolves from losing two goals or more to 1.53 as the main betting option.
We have already seen Manchester City and Chelsea lose points in Molineux this season, but I support Liverpool to go with three points.
Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool: Betting tips
- The Wolves +1.5 handicap @ 1.53 (8/15)
- Wolves or Draws @ 2.62 (13/8)