Leicester City vs Manchester City Live English Premier League on Date: Wednesday, 26 December 2018, Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET and Venue: King Power Stadium (Leicester)
The teams met last midweek at this same venue, which happened to the League Cup, the Citizens winning the tie on penalty-shootout.
A solitary goal from Jamie Vardy helped Leicester City to beat Chelsea at the Stamford Bridge last Saturday, which also pulled them out from a four match win-less streak in all competitions.
Manchester City on the other hand beaten at home by 14th placed Crystal Palace 2-3 at their own backyard which pushed them 4 points away from Liverpool in the title race. This happened to be their first league defeat at home this season on the backend of a 9 match winning run.
However, the Citizens had to deal with occasional blows on the road this season. Their last away game was a 0-2 defeat at Chelsea, after dropping points at Liverpool in October and Wolverhampton in September.
Yet, Pep Guardiola’s men remain to be the most lethal side in England, having scored a whopping 50 goals at an average of 2.7 goals per game.
Leicester City vs Manchester City Head-to-head
- Man City is unbeaten in the last five meetings with Leicester in all competitions, all 5 wins, 2 of those came in penalty shootouts.
- Their last two meetings at the King Power Stadium was Carabao Cup fixtures, both saw 1-1 ft score line before City clinch the win in penalties.
- The Foxes have managed to win just 1 of their 11 home games versus the Citizens, drew 3 and lost 7.
Leicester City vs Manchester City: Prediction
The weekend’s defeat is a wakeup call for Pep Guardiola and his men and they cannot afford to drop points here after Liverpool pulling 4 points clear at the top.
Leicester is having an ordinary season but they are nothing more than a team with the odd surprise element in the armory. We cannot simply fooled by their scrappy win at the Bridge and bank of them to see off the potential threat from a team like Manchester City.
Furthermore, this is a fixture continuously dominated by the team in Sky Blue.
Leicester City vs Manchester City: Betting Tips
- FT – Manchester City to win with Over 2.5 goals @ 10/11 (1.90).
- Both teams to Score at the odds of 10/11 (1.91)