Chelsea vs Leicester City Live | English Premier League on Saturday, 22 December 2018 | Kick-Off at 15:00 UK / 16:00 CET | Venue: Stamford Bridge (London)
Chelsea qualified for the League Cup semi-finals after a 1-0 win against Bournemouth on Wednesday night. Maurizio Sarri supported his key figures in the draw mid-week, forcing the Blues to fight to open in the last third against the Cherries. The Italian manager then realized that it was important to qualify for the last four of the competition, presenting Pedro, Hazard, and Luiz in the second half. Eden Hazard, the star of the team, finally made the difference by scoring the last goal of the game that allowed Chelsea to pass.
The Blues hope to finish a perfect week on Saturday afternoon by welcoming Leicester City to Stamford Bridge. They eliminated Brighton and Hove Albion 1-2 on the road last weekend to take three points from Arsenal to fifth place and eight behind the leaders of Liverpool in their match for round 18.
Chelsea vs Leicester City: News Report
- Chelsea has won three of their last four Premier League games.
- The Blues are undefeated at home in this season’s championship (W6, D3).
- Chelsea has scored 37 goals in the Premier League this season, a record at this time of the campaign from 2014-15 when he scored 38 goals and won the title.
- Eden Hazard has provided help in their last four league games. The only Chelsea player to have done this in five consecutive Premier League matches was Gianfranco Zola in December 2002.
- Marcos Alonso has hit the wood four times this season, more than any other high-flying player.
The Leicester City
- Leicester has lost his last two Premier League matches. It’s been almost two years since he lost three in a row.
- Half of Leicester’s 22 points this season have been won.
- Leicester has not won in his last 10 Premier League visits to London since his 3-2 victory over West Ham in March 2017 (D4, L6).
- The Foxes have had four red cards in the Premier League this season, twice as many as any other team.
Chelsea vs Leicester City: Face to face
- Chelsea has won four victories and one of the last five meetings with the Foxes.
- The Blues won four points in two H2H games with Leicester City in the previous Premier League race.
- Chelsea also qualified for the FA Cup quarterfinals against Leicester City in March of this year.
Chelsea vs Leicester City: Prediction
It is worth mentioning the fabulous form of Eden Hazard, who also inspired the team’s 1-2 victory on Sunday at the Amex with a goal and an aid. Hazard has nine assists so far this season, the highest number of players among the top five European leagues so far this season.
The Foxes struggled to do their goals. They could not find the bottom of the net in consecutive defeats of the League against Tottenham and Crystal Palace. They scored points in the Manchester City midweek match against the League Cup, but it was not enough to see them advance in the next round, with the Citizens claiming the penalty shoot-out.
Sarri’s troops have a magnificent record of six wins and three draws in nine home Premier League games this season. They kept their network intact in each of the league’s last three league games at Stamford Bridge, including a 2-0 victory over defending champion Manchester City. That’s why we have to make sure that the hosts keep things back in 1.83 here.
Leicester seems more dangerous when Jamie Vardy plays, but I do not see him making the difference, even if he’s fit enough to play since Chelsea seems to be back on track after his defeat to Wolves in early December.
Chelsea vs Leicester City: Betting
- The Chelsea keeps the sheet blank at 1.83 (5/6)
- Eden Hazard scores at any time @ 1.80 (4/5)