Oklahoma City Thunder vs Detroit Pistons Live NBA Basketball: Monday, December 3, 2018, at 7:00 p.m. (Little Caesars Arena) | Television: NBAtv, FSOK, FSDT
Oklahoma City Thunder vs Detroit Pistons: Team news
After ruining the return of superstar Stephen Curry of the Golden State Warriors, the Detroit Pistons look like a team to consider in the Eastern Conference. The Pistons will try to cut the power of the Western Conference for the second time in a row and complete a six-game home stay when they host the Oklahoma City Thunder on Monday.
Detroit Piston second unit has a lot of credit for its team’s game and reservists opened the game in the second quarter of Saturday’s 111-102 victory over the Warriors behind leader Ish Smith and little forward Stanley Johnson. “I just know we’re playing very hard and playing together,” Johnson told reporters. “It did not really matter who scored or who got the stops or anything like that, I think we managed to get the ball into Ish’s career and he played a lot for us.” The Thunder are the winners of 14 of their last 17 games and start with five of six, after being weaker than the Atlanta Hawks 124-109 on Friday to complete a four-game classroom. “It’s just OKC basketball,” striker Patrick Patterson told reporters after the last win.
Oklahoma City also depends on its depth and scored three reserves at least 13 points on Friday, while goalkeeper Alex Abrines scored a start and buried 7 of his 11 goals in 3 points. The Thunder finished with 30 assists in 46 goals in the easy win and shot 52.3% of the field. “The guys just want to get involved and play in the right direction,” Nerlens forward Noël, who scored 14 points with 6 of 7 shots in 16 minutes, told reporters. “You really want everyone to be on the same wavelength and everyone is active and creates groups when they are important.”
Detroit coach Dwane Casey has created a powerful bank as a coach for the Toronto Raptors and is doing the same with the Pistons by encouraging each player to play his role. “It is so important that the boys understand their role, that they play that role, that they accept and accept that role and that they play the role of MVP in their role, I think it is very important,” Casey told reporters. “To understand that it’s a team game, it’s not about a player, everyone has to do their job, whether it’s filtering, spacing, passing the ball, defending, no matter what happens. his work for each possession. ” Johnson becomes the key player in the bank by protecting the best players from the opposing team’s perimeter and averaging 9.9 points in 23.6 minutes.
Oklahoma City Thunder vs Detroit Pistons: Match the facts
It is a confrontation between conferences in the Cité car. The Oklahoma City Thunder starts a road trip with a stop over the Detroit Pistons on Monday night. Oklahoma City won its last victory against Atlanta on Friday night in a home win of 124-109. Detroit defeated the defending champions with a home win by 111-102 over the Warriors in their last game on Saturday night. The Thunder have a 69-66 lead in the all-time series: teams have split twice last season, each winning on the road. At the last meeting, the Thunder won on January 27 a 121-108 victory on the road.
Oklahoma City Thunder tries to launch a third consecutive victory on the road
Oklahoma City got its second consecutive win and fourth place in the last five games, as they took care of the modest Hawks at home on Friday night. The Thunder is now launching a swing that includes stops in Brooklyn and Chicago here. Oklahoma City led just after the first quarter, before taking control of the game with a 38-20 lead to open a 20-point lead in the middle. Thunder has not seen its lead fall below 10 on the rest of the way. Oklahoma City shot 52.3 percent on the field and missed 18 of 41 attempts in three points. The Thunder’s good shots and imposition of 21 turnovers in Atlanta helped overshadow 20 turnovers. Russell Westbrook finished with 23 points, nine rebounds and 10 assists to lead the Thunder. Oklahoma City has 6-3 ATS on the road this season, while the subfield is 7-2 in these games.
Oklahoma City Thunder vs Detroit Pistons: Predictions
- In terms of wins and losses, the Pistons can complete a perfect home game with a victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Monday. Detroit won the first five games of six games played at the Little Caesars Arena, including a 111-102 victory over Golden State on Saturday.
- The Pistons scored 20 goals at 13-7 with Casey, a former Toronto coach and the reigning coach of the year, despite the disparate shots. They ranked 29th in the percentage of goals (43.8), just ahead of Miami and 26th in the percentage of 3 points (32.9).
- Detroit’s three greats, Blake Griffin, André Drummond, and Reggie Jackson, all played an important role in their last victory. Griffin had 26 points, six rebounds, and five assists, Drummond had 16 points, 19 rebounds and three interceptions and Jackson added 17 points and five assists.
- The Pistons bank has been once again very productive. The second unit produced 40 points and averaged 45.7 points in the last three games.
- The Thunder (14-7) scored 14-3 after a series of 0-4. In his last outing, Oklahoma City completed a 3-1 home advantage with a 124-109 victory over Atlanta on Friday.
- He scored 18 points in his best score of the season against the Hawks, with 52.3% success and 43.9% long distance. The defense forced 21 turnovers, leading to 31 points.
- The external bombardment of Thunder Friday was a welcome sight, considering that this could be considered his greatest weakness. Oklahoma City ranks last with a percentage of 3 points (31.5).
- Now he is playing five of the next six games on the road. The Thunder will also face Brooklyn and Chicago, opponents of the conference, this week.
PREDICTION: Pistons 109, Thunder 107
Oklahoma City Thunder vs Detroit Pistons: Betting
- Pistons C André Drummond scored a double-double in 17 of the first 20 games and averaged 18.6 points and 16.4 rebounds.
- SG Thunder, André Roberson, suffered a setback on his return from a knee surgery and expected to lose another six weeks.
- The visiting team participated in the two games last season, with Oklahoma City winning a 121-108 victory in Detroit.