Manchester City vs Crystal Palace Live | English Premier League on Saturday, 22 December 2018 | Kick-Off at 15:00 UK / 16:00 CET | Venue: Etihad Stadium (Manchester)
Manchester City survived Leicester City’s midweek threat in the League Cup quarterfinals to qualify for the last four of the competition. Pep Guardiola sent a field of mixed hands, but the first line-up made up of two important players, Kevin de Bruyne and Sergio Agüero, who lost most of the games in the last two weeks.
Only the Belgian midfielder opened the scoring for the Citizens, after 18 minutes of play, for King Power. However, City did not finish the game, because Marc Albrighton’s equalizer sent him to the penalty shootout. Although Raheem Sterling (entered as a submarine) shot in trying to make “Panenka”, Man City advanced. They won a 3-1 victory over Everton in the previous round of the Premier League. His perfect home record (9 wins in 9 games) in the league will be in play on Saturday afternoon when Crystal Palace will visit Etihad for the draw on the 18th.
Manchester City vs Crystal Palace: Face to face
- The Glaziers managed to end the seven-game winning streak in the City’s H2H games by leaving it blank last Sunday at Selhurst Park last year.
- The city had previously won two separate 5-0 victories over the Palace.
- The Glaziers scored a goal in the last six meetings with the citizens.
- Man City has won four of the last six H2H games with at least three goals difference.
Manchester City vs Crystal Palace: Prediction
The visitors got three points in the red zone, beating Leicester City 1-0 at home seven days ago. It was Serbian midfielder Luka Milivojevic who made the difference by scoring the only goal just before the break, on occasion.
Head coach Roy Hodgson was particularly pleased with the team’s defensive efforts against Fox, as the Crystal Palace had already scored three goals in consecutive losses at Brighton and West Ham.
This really should be a one-way street from start to finish and we expect the hosts to dominate the field and get a crushing victory by a difference of three goals or more with ease.
Manchester City vs Crystal Palace: betting tips
- HT / FT Manchester City / Manchester City at 1.50 (1/2)
- Manchester City -2.5 handicap @ 2.05 (21/20).