Crystal Palace vs Leicester City Live | English Premier League | Date: Saturday, 15 December 2018 | Kick-Off at 15:00 UK / 16:00 CET | Venue: Selhurst Park (London)
Crystal Palace and Leicester City will try to recover from the weekend’s failures by facing Saturday afternoon in London. The Glaziers are back in Selhurst Park after conceding three goals, two consecutive losses against Brighton & Hove Albion and West Ham United.
They had a glorious start seven days ago at London Stadium when James McArthur opened the scoring after six minutes of play, but the team’s defensive line struggled to keep things quiet in the back. They scored three goals in the second half in 17 minutes, and his replacement Jeffery Schlupp could have found the goal of consolation in just 14 minutes.
Crystal Palace vs Leicester City: News
Palace has won just two wins and 10 losses in their last 15 league matches.
The Eagles had five home points without scoring, a low total in the league along with Huddersfield and Newcastle.
They scored four goals in Selhurst Park. Only Huddersfield, with three goals, scored less at home.
Palace has lost each of their last 13 Premiership games without Wilfried Zaha and has not scored in 11 of those.
His most recent victory in the championship without Zaha was 3-2 at Sunderland in September 2016.
Six of the 13 goals of the League of Eagles scored in the last 15 minutes of their matches.
So far, only 12 goals have been scored in Selhurst Park, the smallest total in a Premier League field.
The city of Leicester
Leicester’s defeat last weekend ended their run of six games undefeated.
The Foxes have scored in their last nine games as a visitor.
Leicester is unbeaten in 10 league games this season against sub-classified teams, with six wins.
They scored five goals in the first 15 minutes of play; Only Manchester United, with six, conceded more.
Claude Puel’s players conceded 32 goals in the Premier League in 2018, just behind 35 Southampton.
Crystal Palace vs Leicester City: Face to face
- The fans of the palace will probably remember again the biggest victory of their team in the Premier League, which took place during the earlier meet face to face with the Fox.
- The Glaziers scored five unanswered goals when teams met at the end of April at Selhurst Park.
- At least three goals have been seen in the last four face-to-face meetings between these two players.
- Palace scored eight without conceding a two-game single against Leicester City last season.
- Crystal Palace completed the double against Leicester last season, scoring eight unanswered goals in both games.
- The Eagles could win for the first time three consecutive games in the first division against Leicester.
- There have been 16 goals in the last four games.
Crystal Palace vs Leicester City: Prediction
It seems that the time has come to put an end to the head-to-head trend that marked a big blow on Saturday afternoon. Roy Hodgson, whose team is usually thin and struggling to shape up, will be deprived of his leading striker Wilfried Zaha, whose fifth yellow card of the season sees him suspended for the draw in Leicester.
The visitors will probably also be injury free, Jamie Vardy, whose absence was more than remarkable in the 0-2 defeat at home to Tottenham Hotspur on the last outing. Kelechi Ihenacaho was too isolated in the last third, so we see a great opportunity for the Glaziers to keep the game tight behind.
In general, we expect a close meet with the draw as the most comprehensive of the three results between two identical fields. You can go to 3.20 times.
Crystal Palace vs Leicester City: Betting tips
- Draw at 3.20 (11/5)
- Less than 2.5 goals FT @ 1.61 (8/13)