Valencia vs Real Betis #Spanish Copa del Rey #Date: Thursday, 28 February 2019 #Kick-Off at 20:00 UK / 21:00 CET #Venue: Estadio de Mestalla (Valencia)
The second leg between Valencia and Real Betis will welcome the second finalist of the Copa del Rey on Thursday night at the Mestalla. The hosts are in a better position after scoring two goals in the first leg played three weeks ago at Benito Villamarin.
The Beticos had a big lead of 2-0 in 70 minutes, but the Bats scored two late goals and are now favorites to move on. Valencia stopped in the semi-final of last season when they lost to the champion of Barcelona.
Marcelino’s troops have struggled to find a good form throughout the season, but they seem to have achieved the defensive stability sought.
The results came instantly with the defensive increase when the Bats entered undefeated in the last nine games of all competitions. They only conceded one goal in the last five games. The series included a 3-0 aggregate victory over Celtic in the last 32 rounds of the Europa League.
Valencia vs Real Betis: Face to face
- Valencia can also rely on face-to-face tradition.
- They have been defeated in the last five meetings with Los Beticos.
- There have been no winners in either of the two face-to-face games this season (a goalless draw in the Liga against Mestalla and a 2-2 draw in the Copa del Rey semi-final).
- Valencia has a magnificent record of 16 wins, 5 draws and only 1 loss in 22 home games against Betis.
Valencia vs Real Betis: Prediction
The men of Quique Setien paid the price to play on three fronts recently. They were defeated in five subsequent matches in different competitions. Betis conceded three goals in each of his two league games against the French Ligue 1 Rennes (a total loss of 4-6).
Both Betis and Valencia can still play European positions for the next season thanks to a league in which they are close to Getafe, 4th. As for this game, we like the Bats, which have been much more consistent lately.
- Valencia vs Real Betis: 2-1
Valencia vs Real Betis: betting odds
- Valencia will win by 1.75 (3/4)
- Valencia will keep a blank sheet in 2.62 (13/8)