Sevilla vs Barcelona #Spanish La Liga #Date: Saturday, 23 February 2019 #Kick-Off at 15:15 UK / 16:15 CET #Venue: Estadio Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan (Sevilla)
This weekend was perfect for Barcelona, which widened the gap to seven points at the top of the league after the stunning defeat at Real Madrid’s home in Girona. The defending champions did not shine at all in their draw against Valladolid but managed to win a tight 1-0 victory thanks to the penalty of Lionel Messi at the Camp Nou. Blaugrana will travel to Andalusia with relief knowing that he can still afford a failure.
|Sevilla vs Barcelona||15:15 UK / 16:15 CET||LaLiga||2||4|
The visit to the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuan Stadium is one of the most difficult trips of the division. Sevilla has only lost once in eleven games this season. The Red and Whites have a fantastic home record of seven wins, three draws, and one defeat. Given the grim form of Barcelona during its recent outings, we would be paying attention to the winning team here.
Sevilla vs Barcelona: Face to face
- Barcelona was historically the dominant force of this party.
- However, they lost 2-0 in their previous visit to the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuan Stadium, where Sevilla won 2-0 in the first leg of the Copa del Rey quarter-final.
- Barça took revenge at the Camp Nou, where they claimed a 6-1 defeat seven days later to qualify for the Cup semifinals.
- Three or more goals scored in nine of the last ten face-to-face meetings between these rivals.
Sevilla vs Barcelona: Prediction
Like Barcelona, Sevilla has recently seen a big slide in form. The hosts took just one point from the last three meetings of the league, despite having already faced their semifinal opponents Celta Vigo, Eibar and Villarreal.
Pablo Machin’s men fell into the trap of relegation, threatening Villarreal last weekend after their 3-0 defeat at the Estadio de la Cerámica.
Blaugrana has fought for goals lately. They have only won one of the last five games against the competitions and have not managed to score more than one goal in the last three games.
As the Red-Whites have allowed only eight goals in eleven home draws in this first term, we will support Barcelona to score less than two goals in the match with 2.10.
- Sevilla vs Barcelona: 1-2
Sevilla vs Barcelona: Betting Odds
- Team goals below 1.5 in Barcelona @ 2.10 (11/10)
- Less than 3.5 goals FT @