Manchester City vs Watford Live English Premier League match on Saturday, 9 March 2019, Kick-Off at 17:30 UK / 18:30 CET and Venue: Etihad Stadium (Manchester)
Manchester City took advantage of the recent weakening of Liverpool to overcome the long leaders at the top of the standings. The defending champions now have pole position at one point more than their main rivals.
The troops of Pep Guardiola did well without being prolific in the last third of the final. The citizens have won three consecutive victories by scoring just two goals. They lifted the cutlery of the League Cup after no goal was scored in 12 minutes against Chelsea in the final at Wembley. They then won two consecutive 1-0 victories against West Ham United and Bournemouth.
Can the citizens finally regain their most offensive form and score several goals in the last game of the Premier League program on Saturday, when they host Watford at Etihad Stadium?
Manchester City vs Watford: Face to face
- Manchester City was the dominant force in the history of this match.
- They have won nine consecutive games against the Hornets.
- Citizens have scored at least two goals in the last nine meetings with Watford.
- Man City only had a narrow win over the Hornets (1: 2) when the teams escaped the Premier League at Vicarage Road Stadium.
Manchester City vs Watford: Prediction
Watford has nothing to lose at Etihad Stadium and will surely expect a potential shock from knowing that Manchester City’s offensive form is a bit slower. The Hornets recently enjoyed a decent way. They have won four of the last five matches through the competitions.
Javi Gracia’s men have moved up to 8th place in the Premier League. However, they lost 5-0 to Liverpool in the previous game outside the league. In general, Watford tends to score goals and give heavy loads on trips and we would not be surprised to see a game of goals if they face the reigning champions in round 30 of the competition.
- Manchester City vs Watford: 2-1
Manchester City vs Watford: betting tips
- More than 3.5 goals FT @ 1.80 (4/5)
- Manchester City wins and BTTS @ 2.40 (7/5)