Match: Chelsea vs Newcastle United
League: English Premier League
Date: Saturday, 19 October 2019
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Stamford Bridge (London).
Chelsea on the Stamford Bridge is no laughing matter, and especially these days. They will do their best in the field to maintain the current momentum. In addition, despite the victory against Manchester United, Newcastle opponents have not been so consistent with this campaign.
- Frank Lampard’s men recorded victories in five of the previous six games.
- Seven of the previous eight matches ended with the blues scoring twice or more.
- The last time these two met, the 2016-17 EPL Champions recorded a 2-1 victory.
- The previous seven games in the trot at this place ended in home wins.
- The magpies have scored only three goals in total in their previous seven combined visits.
Lampard’s men achieved a classic victory over Southampton in their last PL outing, scoring four goals in the process. New sensations Tammy Abraham and Mason Mount found the bottom of the net for the former champions of the competition.
This has been a hallmark of team performance this season. With the team and management deeply in trouble due to the transfer ban, the academy’s youth have been improving in style.
Meanwhile, Steve Bruce’s men suffered a massive 5-0 loss on the road the last day against Leicester. They not only conceded a goal in their own goal, but they had to make the game with only ten players, due to a red card.
Where and How to watch Chelsea vs Newcastle United Live without a cable?Action Media Sports Live
This weekend, the advantage of playing at home will surely help the Blues. They are currently in the middle of a series of easy games, and Chelsea has taken full advantage of it. The team won its previous four games in a row and was undefeated in 16 of its previous 18 against the local public.
They also won five of the previous six h2h matches and scored twice or more in seven of the last eight. In this place, they won the last seven games in a row, and have conceded only three goals from these seven games.
On the other hand, their counterparts have only four victories in their name from the previous 18 road trips and are very late in this draw.
As such, anticipate a dominant victory for the hosts this weekend.
- Result of the break: Chelsea beat 1.75 (3/4)
- Chelsea -1 Handicap @ 1.44 (4/9).