West Ham United vs Cardiff City Live EPL Match on Tuesday, 4 December 2018 | Kick-Off at 19:45 UK / 20:45 CET | Venue: London Stadium (London)
The Hammers will hope to recover after their 4-0 loss to Manchester City on Tuesday night by hosting the only Welsh side of the division tied at midweek. The men of Manuel Pellegrini are the favorites because they will face one of the weakest players in the league. Cardiff City has only one point in six league games this season, scoring no more than two goals.
The Bluebirds managed to stop a generally horrible campaign with two recent home victories against Fulham and Brighton. However, they quickly returned to their old habits last weekend by losing 1-0 to Everton at Goodison.
West Ham United vs Cardiff City: Team News
- Defenders Aaron Cresswell and Fabian Balbuena of West Ham have doubts about their physical condition to face Cardiff.
- Ryan Fredericks, Manuel Lanzini, Winston Reid, Carlos Sánchez, and Andriy Yarmolenko are absent.
- Nathaniel Mendez-Laing could make his first appearance in Cardiff since the end of August after beating a knee injury.
- Jazz Richards ruled out, while Greg Cunningham, Joe Bennett, and Kenneth Zohore should not in a hurry.
West Ham United vs Cardiff City: Match Facts
The West Ham United is on a six-game winning streak against Cardiff, keeping clean sheets on five of them.
Cardiff’s only victory in his last 18 competitive matches at West Ham won on the first weekend of the 2011-12 season (D5, L12).
The Hammers undefeated in nine high-flying games at home, winning six wins and three draws.
West Ham United
- Team West Ham United could win consecutive games in the Premier League for the first time since January 2017.
- The only defeat in five league games against the Hammers was against defending champion Manchester City.
- They admitted 52 goals in the Premier League in 2018, a league record with Southampton.
- Andy Carroll could make his 200th appearance in the Premier League. He has not played since May, but he was an understudy not used on Saturday.
- The Cardiff has had three wins and nine points in six league games, against no win and two points in eight games of the season.
- His total of two goals in the league is the lowest of the four best English divisions.
- Cardiff and Fulham have the lowest record in the Premier League, scoring one person point each.
- The Bluebirds have accumulated nine of their 11 points this season in a last place, just behind Arsenal. They are the only two teams that have played a Premier League match at the break of this season.
West Ham Unitedvs Cardiff City: Face to face
- West Ham United has been the dominant force in the history of face-to-face games with the Bluebirds.
- The Hammers have won 16 wins, 5 draws and 6 losses in 27 games against Cardiff City.
- West Ham has a brutal home record against the Bluebirds (10W, 3D, and 1L).
- We must also mention that four years have passed since these two parties met for the last time.
- West Ham has won the game six times against the Bluebirds, scoring at least two goals in each outing.
West Ham United vs Cardiff City: Prediction
- Pellegrini’s men have played tough games at home against Chelsea, Manchester United, Tottenham and Manchester City so far this season. They still managed to win two victories and a draw in seven homers.
- The visit to Cardiff should really give the Hammers an excellent opportunity to improve the house registration and build confidence before the December holidays. Since Neil Warnock’s men have scored just two goals in six away games this season, we will also invite the hosts to keep up a clean 2.25 goal.
- Cardiff’s win over the Wolves on Friday night was a brilliant result for them, but they fought on the road, winning just one point in six games.
West Ham United vs Cardiff City: Betting tips
- Team West Ham United wins 1.61 (8/13)
- West Ham United will keep a clean sheet in 2.25 (5/4)