Manchester United vs Juventus | UEFA Champions League | Date: Tuesday, 23rd October 2018 | Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET | Venue: Old Trafford, Manchester
The prodigal son returns to Old Trafford. It’s time for Manchester United to face the beast created.
The Red Devils welcome the Turin squad on the third day of the UEFA Champions League. Both teams have had comfortable campaigns in Europe so far. But you can not say the same about their championship season.
While Juventus is flourishing in Italy, as usual, United struggles to stay in the top 10. Coach Jose Mourinho was about to be fired before a decisive victory against Newcastle United and a tough draw against Chelsea that saved his fortune.
Manchester United vs Juventus: (h2h)
- United and Juve meet for the first time since 2003, a gap of 15 years.
- There is little to separate teams from their 2-hour global record in UEFA competitions, they share 5 wins and 2 draws in 12 games.
- However, Manchester United are unbeaten in the last four meetings with Juventus, with victories in the last three.
- Both teams have scored in their last 3 games against Old Trafford.
- The Red Devils lost only 1 of 6 home games against the Old Lady, they won 3 and drew 2.
- Overall score of Man United against Italian clubs – 17 wins; 5 raffles; 3 losses of 35 games.
- At home, United won 13 of 17 games against Italian clubs, tied and lost 2 each.
- Juve record against clubs in the English Premier League: 19 wins; 12 draws and 15 losses of 49 matches.
- On English soil, Juve had only 4 wins in 22 visits, 6 draws and 12 losses.
Manchester United vs Juventus Prediction
Against Juventus in form, the home team should not shine too. His season has been catastrophic, with a sign of recovery that has been seen in the last two games. However, they conceded a total of four goals in those matches.
The formidable pair of Cristiano Ronaldo and Mario Mandzukic will probably be too hot for United’s defense.
We know that both teams play in defense, especially against strong teams. The impasse could be broken by a team at the most. But it is very unlikely that both teams score.
Manchester United vs Juventus betting tips.
- Juventus, no bet @ 1,67 (2/3)
- The score of both teams: NO @ 2.05 (12/11)