Former number one star Serena Williams has withdrawn from the Italian Open tennis tournament, which starts next week. On Wednesday the organizers told the organizers.
The 23-time Grand Slam winner Serena withdrew from the Open last week due to fever.
Six months after the birth of daughter-girl Olympia, the US superstar returned to the country in February with Indian Wells and Miami Open. However, he admitted that he still struggles to be fully fit.
“We are very sad to inform that the four-time champion Serena Williams has withdrawn from the 18th edition of the Rome Tournament,” a Twitter message from the tournament organizers said. Of course we are expecting him to be in the clay court of Rome in 2019. “
Serena won the 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2016 events.
He met with husband Alexei Ohaniyan in Rome and in this city he offered Serena.